Intuit 1099 E-File Service
Electronically file 1099-MISC forms in minutes!
The Intuit 1099 E-File Service makes it EASY for small businesses to create & e-file 1099-MISC in minutes.
Pricing starts at $14.99, which includes 3 forms. Additional forms are $3.99 each. Forms over 20 included free.
Easy Data Entry
The E-File Service offers several ways to easily enter your 1099 data. Users of certain QuickBooks versions can import data (see below). If you don’t use QuickBooks or Intuit Payroll, use our simple online form to prepare 1099-MISCs and e-file with the IRS.
Option to Import from QuickBooks
If you use QuickBooks for Windows 2011 and newer, or QuickBooks Online Plus, the service will import data directly from QuickBooks and save you time entering your data – simply access the service from the Vendors menu in QuickBooks. Intuit Online Payroll users should click Taxes & Forms and choose 1099.
Create 1099 Forms Instantly
Download PDF copies to print or email to your vendors. You can save for your own records and print using plain, blank paper. No pre-printed forms are necessary when using this service, so you save time and hassle of purchasing.
Electronically File in Minutes
Once you have verified your company and vendor information on Form 1099-MISC, a click of a button will file it electronically with the IRS. And for 34 states, the IRS shares your e-filed information with the state agency, simplifying your state filings. Check with your state on any additional filing or tax payment requirements. The service supports boxes 1-10 and 13-14 on the 1099-MISC form. Electronic filing applies to the IRS only -- for recipient copies, print or email to your vendors.
Support & FAQ
Online chat and phone support also available: Monday - Friday from 6 am to 6 pm Pacific time and Saturday from 6 am to 3 pm Pacific time during filing season (January through April).
Support is included with purchase of the app.
- Do I need to file a 1099-MISC form?
- If you are a small business owner and you have paid at least $600 to another person or company for rents or services, then you may need to file a 1099-MISC. To understand if you need to file a 1099-MISC form, check out the IRS website at http://www.irs.gov.
- What are the 1099-MISC IRS deadlines?
- The deadline to provide copies to your vendors is January 31st, 2014. When filing electronically, submission is due to the IRS by March 31. Forms must be submitted through the Intuit E-File Service by 5 pm Pacific on March 31.
- Do I need QuickBooks or other software to use this service?
- No, all you need is an Internet connection and a supported browser. If you use QuickBooks for Windows 2011 or newer, you can import 1099 information into the service using Intuit Sync Manager. *New for 2014* If you use QuickBooks Online Plus, you can import directly by preparing 1099 forms from the Vendors menu. Finally, if you paid independent contractors with Intuit Online Payroll, those transactions can be e-filed. If you don’t have any of these products, simply key in your data.
- How much will I pay?
- Pricing is calculated based on the number of forms you file. The $14.99 starting price includes up to 3 forms. Additional forms are $3.99 each, and any forms over 20 are included free. Discounted pricing is available for those filing in early January - see the app for details.