With SmartVault document management, you get a cloud drive to store and access files online, a secure client portal to share documents, and seamless integration with QuickBooks to attach source files to entries in QuickBooks or QuickBooks Online.
Attach source files directly to entries in QuickBooks
Go paperless and stay audit ready by attaching source files to entries in QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online, including: bills, invoices, vendors, customer records – even transactions and list items! Scan, browse or just drag and drop files into the SmartVault Toolbar. Once stored in SmartVault, files are available from QuickBooks or right from your browser or mobile device.
Enhance your workflow with a built-in electronic Inbox
Increase efficiency by giving your office staff a secure, easy-to-use Inbox for queuing documents for later processing - just upload or drag and drop files in! Also great for clients to securely send files to their accountant or bookkeeper.
Get a secure branded portal to share files
Share files securely with employees or people outside your business with a secure document portal. Get custom branding, email notifications, version history, full text search and audit reporting. Great view in browser lets you view files instantly without having to download first.
Go MOBILE! Access files from a browser or mobile device
Securely access the file you need, when you need it from any Web browser or mobile device. Quickly and easily share documents with users inside and outside of your company.
Upload, manage, and share files right from Outlook
Upload email attachments to SmartVault and send secure links to files and folders stored in SmartVault without ever leaving Outlook. With the SmartVault plug-in, Outlook can be at the center of your workflow when it comes to securely sharing and managing your files.
Get SmartVault “Inside” the apps you are already using
Check out our growing ecosystem of apps that are integrated with SmartVault. Attach a file inside your CRM app and access that same file from QuickBooks or directly from a browser or your mobile. That’s the power of central document storage. That’s the power of SmartVault!
Support & FAQ
SmartVault is dedicated to ensuring you have a great experience with our service. Take advantage of our 24/7 online Learning Center full of videos, getting started guides, best practices and tutorials.
Contact us by phone, email, or by visiting www.smartvault.com/support.
- What types of entries in QuickBooks / QuickBooks Online can I attach documents to?
- Documents can be attached to over 30 different types of entries in QuickBooks and over 20 in QuickBooks Online. Some of the most common entry types you can attach documents to are: vendors, bills, purchase orders, item receipts, customers, invoices and check registers. For a complete list of supported entry types, visit http://www.smartvault.com/support/supported-quickbooks-entry-types-for-document-attachment/
- Can I access my documents outside of QuickBooks?
- Yes. Documents attached to QuickBooks / QuickBooks Online entries are stored in SmartVault. These documents can be accessed from a Web browser or internet-enabled mobile device.
- Can I store all my documents in SmartVault, or is it just for attached documents in QuickBooks / QuickBooks Online?
- Yes, you can store ALL of your documents in SmartVault, not just those you attach to entries in QuickBooks. With SmartVault, you get a secure online document storage and file sharing system built specifically for business users with features like version history, a recycle bin, audit / compliance reports and the ability to set email alerts when files are uploaded or accessed.
- How secure is SmartVault?
- SmartVault is engineered from the ground up to protect your valuable digital assets. All interactions with SmartVault occur over an encrypted channel. We employ AES-256 SSL to protect your documents, passwords and interactions with SmartVault from eavesdropping. SmartVault stores redundant, encrypted backups of your documents and metadata offsite. And SmartVault uses the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard as a framework to protect credit card information.